Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


On Friday night, for Movie Night, we saw Eat, Pray, Love. The movie was ok but seemed really long. I definitely liked the book better. I think that there was a lot that went on in the book that could not be brought to the screen. The book was a lot of internalizing her feelings & thoughts. I felt that they tried to take stuff from the book to the movie but did so without really explaining why things were going on. For instance, in the book- her friend Richard tells her to go try sitting outside, very still, & try to meditate. The result is that she gets covered in bug bites. This happens in the movie, but you don't see the convo between her/Richard but see her covered in bites and him asking what happened.

Overall, I liked the book - the lessons & messages you can get from it. I would recommend reading the story rather than watching.

The movie does make me, of course, want to go to Italy but I already knew that before seeing the movie.

No comments: