Sunday, August 8, 2010

Unwind Friday

On Friday, I stayed home and it was blissful. After spending the day working from home, I finished all of the laundry. Then, Evie and I hit up the grocery store for some items we needed. Then, I had some pizza & red wine and watched a movie. I swear, some Fridays, I just truly need to be home. I can feel the stress leaving my body.

I watched another semi-strange movie, Happy Tears. Basically, anything with Parker Posey is going to be a little off the rails. Here's a quick synopsyis: Jayne and Laura are about to take on the first man they just might not be able to handle: their seventy-something-year-old father Joe. Dutiful daughters returning to the house they grew up in, Jayne and Laura are forced to take a closer look at their own not-so-perfect lives while dodging childhood memories.
I was expecting this movie to really go back and have these girls see how crappy their life growing up was. You know, have them go back and see these bad memories and whatnot. There were probably two things that they remembered/discussed. It was really more a story about how different the sisters are and how they dealt with their father & his dementia. Then, the movie just sort of ended. I don't recommend this movie. I love these quirky, independent films though.

No comments: