Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday

We woke up on Sunday to the sound of the Kaiser Half Marathon running past our building. We got up to watch the runners pass by before taking Evie out for her morning stroll. 

The Kaiser Half Marathon is an annual race. There is also a 5K race that runners can do. We've never done this race because a)it's expensive - think $40+ just for the 5K and b)you never know what the weather will be like in February. Right now, it's sunny and 60 but some years, it has been 40 and raining in February.


Later in the morning, we stopped by the Farmer's Market. It was busy on a sunny Sunday. Thanks to my new meal planning, I had a list of stuff to buy and picked up a few things at the market. 

We saw one guy selling these funny looking avocados. The skin was very smooth and thin. We got a couple to make guacamole later and even got a free one from the seller!


We took Evie on a new walk to Heron's Head Park but I'll put those pics in a separate post. It was a great walk!

Once again, I went food shopping right before the start of the Superbowl so it wasn't a mad house. We put the game on and I made nachos and guacamole (out of the avocados from the farmers market)




Shredded chicken, pinto beans, cheddar, red peppers, avocado, and tomatoes. Yuummmmm!

No beer drinking, partying over here. I'm STILL stuffed up. Ugh. It comes and goes throughout the day & totally sucks. I guess I just need to ride it out....Back to work tomorrow and will see how long I last. 

No comments: