It's currently in "Erik's room" airing out with the door shut. Peuwey!
Tonight I made a yummy dinner we both enjoyed - Sweet & Sour Chicken. I've made a version of this in the past but had to coat & fry the chicken, which I did not do with this recipe. In this recipe, I also replaced the pork with chicken.
Print This Recipe
- 1 lb. pork steak cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 TB shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pineapple chunks (reserve 2/3 cup liquid)
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 green pepper cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 cups rice cooked
- In a large skillet, brown pork steak in shortening. Sprinkle with paprika. Brown well. Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, corn starch and salt. Gradually add reserved pineapple liquid, vinegar, water, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth. Gradually stir in meat.
- Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in green pepper and pineapple. Cover and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Thanks to Safeway's 30% off wine sale, I got to have a glass of the best Chardonnay that ever lived!
In other news, it was back to being "cold" here today--Gray and in the upper 50's. It is supposed to rain this week, which is good because I read that we are in the worst drought on record! So crazy!!